As a busy mother, who starts her days at 6:30 AM, sometimes it’s difficult to keep up with the to-do list of the day! I often find myself wanting or more like NEEDING a little pick me up! AND although I try to focus on gaining some energy through a handful of almonds or carrots…sometimes it just doesn’t cut it! While working as a night nurse, I found some great substitutes for all that Diet Coke I was consuming!! The sweeteners in diet cola drinks are straight up DEADLY!! These 5 drinks will still give you some great energy and you will feel good about drinking them because they don’t contain Aspartame or many other scary ingredients that cola drinks do!! Some of these contain ‘natural caffeine’, some contain sugar, and some contain as much caffeine as a cup of coffee!!! I will break all 5 of them down for you so you can decide which is the best alternative for you!!! They are listed from 1. being my FAVORITE to number 5. being my least favorite!! Hopefully by the end of this post you will feel like you can find an alternative to soda!!
1. NUUN tablets!! These little tablets are amazing!! They got me through my 12 hour night nursing shifts and kept me hydrated!! Drop 1 tablet in 16-32 ounce’s of water and it dissolves instantly! They are much like Gatorade BUT it has NO sugar and MORE electrolytes!! They are PACKED with electrolytes and B-vitamins! One tablet contains 40 MGs of caffeine. It’s easy to see why this is my favorite way to get some caffeine in my day! You can purchase these at any running store! To see the nutritional information CLICK HERE!
2. FRS healthy energy! These are much like the NUUN tablets BUT at the bottom of the nutritional information it does state that it contains non-nutritive sweeteners (not good) but it’s packed with antioxidants and electrolytes! It also has green tea along with caffeine. To see all nutritional information CLICK HERE!
3. NEURO SONIC! This WOULD be my favorite of the 5 because it has NO artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors and it is also packed with vitamins and all the ingredients are all-natural but they are pretty pricey (around $2.35 per bottle!) and they have 100 MGs of caffeine in one bottle (the same amount as one cup of coffee) that’s more caffeine than I usually want. If I was made of money…this is what I would be drinking! Also it is slightly carbonated so you can get your carbonated fix here instead of grabbing a Diet Coke! To learn more about this CLICK HERE!
4. Vitamin Water ENERGY! This is a great alternative for something that you are bound to find in a grocery store or in a gas station. It’s also cheaper and has a great amount of vitamins BUT it has 32 grams of SUGAR!! WOW! It’s also high in calories (120). To see the nutritional information CLICK HERE!
5. Crystal Light ENERGY: This is a great alternative for a few reasons. 1. It’s only 5 calories 2. You place the drink mix in water (HELLO HYDRATION) 3. It’s cheap BUT it’s my least favorite because it has the least amount of electrolytes and vitamins and it is sweetened with artificial sweeteners! Click here for more info!
Next time you need a pick-me-up…go to your local running store or health food store and grab one of these!!
Your body will thank you later!!