I was asked to go onto Studio 5 again today to join some awesome bloggers for the Ikea +10 challenge.
We were challenges to take these IKEA DRAGAN BOXES and reinvent them into something innovated and ‘out of the box’…literally!
My first project my husband and I decided to do was a TABLE NIGHT LIGHT ORGANIZER!
It was SO easy!!
All you do is…
(make sure to turn the box upside down before tracing your design on)
1. Trace the desired design or symbol that you want onto the side of your box.
2. Take a DREMEL tool with a ROUTER ATTACHMENT and cut out the design close to the edge of the tracing.
(make sure you give yourself room for mistakes)
3. Take some steel files and file the edge of your design down to the perfect shape!
4. Next take some FREEZER PAPER and glue it to the inside of your design.
5. Then take a drill and on the opposite of your design drill a circle for the insert of your lights.
(the light I used called for a 1 inch hole…drill the circle to the size called for from the light you buy)
6. Place your light into the hole and replace the lid onto the box.
(fill the lid with all the important things you need in the middle of the night for your little one)
I filled my lid with things I would need for my little boy ‘just in case’, during the night.
different creams or lotions
2 different designs with a great function.
I am posting my NEXT project for this IKEA +10 CHALLENGE on WEDNESDAY!!
Stay tuned for that amazing tutorial and while you are waiting for that…
CHECK OUT the STUDIO 5 segment where we highlight these amazing projects!
It’s on at 11 AM (MST)