photo credit: JESSICA JANAE PHOTOGRAPHY
It’s the Monday after Halloween and I know you are all feeling the DRAG that sugar crash is giving you! Holiday’s make it tough to stick to your goals, meal plans, and fitness journeys but it may not be as tough as you make it!
Last night, I broadcasted a PERISCOPE all about these tips but I wanted to put it somewhere more permanent so we all could references these tips after our weekend hangovers!
If you weren’t aware, Periscope is a great new LIVE broadcast app that allows you to stream yourself with your readers following and tagging along! It is seriously great! I am SIMPLYSADIEJANE over there too. I highly recommend you follow me there for some really great fitness tips and every day insight into my crazy life.
Here is what I shared on Periscope last night!
My 6 fitness tips to start your week OR DAY off right…
- Stop saying you are “starting over”! It’s overwhelming and makes you feel so negative about yourself. Just because you’ve allowed yourself to enjoy and indulge doesn’t mean you have to condemn yourself and call yourself a failure! You haven’t STOPPED living or bettering your life at all. So, instead, let us DO BETTER! No more “starting over” instead let us try “doing better” for our Monday motto. Say “doing better!”
2. Plan plan plan. If you fail to plan you plan to fail! Call your friends, talk to your trainer, schedule a class, discuss with your significant other exactly what you plan to do this week! Figure out when you want to carve some time out of the day for your workout. If you discuss with someone, you are held accountable, and if you write it down and place it somewhere you are likely to see it… You are holding yourself accountable! While you are doing that, take time to write down some goals for the week too!
3. Envision or meditate your week. Put your phone down. Lay still, take some cleansing breathes, close your eyes, and envision your week. See yourself getting to bed early, waking up on time, going to the gym, relaxing and spending time with your children! Visually dedicating yourself to a better you! A healthier week!
4. Stop being soooo negative. I hate the stupid chart floating around that shows you just how many burpees or push ups you must do to burn off that fun size snickers bars! It’s insane! It’s a tiny candy bar for the love! Stop fearing your food. Don’t obsess so much! Eat right and eat little amounts at least 6 times a day, and if you want that candy bar, then you better eat it!! Just because you are bettering yourself this week doesn’t mean you have to only eat egg whites and kale the entire week! Challenge yourself and see if you can find the right balance for you!
5. DRINK A LOT OF WATER! Before heading to bed drink an entire glass and strive to drink 8-10 glasses during the day! TIP: fill up your water bottles and sippy cups at night and place them in the fridge. That way, you can grab and go when you run out the door. Sooo many health benefits to staying hydrated!
6. And finally… LOVE YOURSELF! Congratulate yourself for being who you are! Give yourself a huge hug and express your love in your mind for enjoying the moments. Loving life and being a great human being! No one can change your attitude but YOU! If you can remember that, your week will seriously ROCK!
I hope these help you with your Monday blues.
If you are feeling that afternoon struggle, grab your kids and do this workout below with me!
Happy Monday! And YES, it IS going to be a great week!