This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jif. The opinions and text are all mine.
Some people are surprised to find that peanut butter is a part of my life. Yes! I’m a fitness influencer and Yes! I eat peanut butter. I love finding ways to incorporate peanut butter into recipes, snacks, and everyday life! It’s such an easy ingredient to work with to add a little variety with natural ingredients.
Sometimes it’s a spoonful. Sometimes it’s a sandwich shared with my kids after school. I also love a good protein bite.
My kids love peanut butter as much as I do and we enjoy making and trying new recipes together. It’s hard sometimes to let them be in the kitchen creating. The sticky fingers, the mess, …am I right? But I try to step back and remember the memories we’re building together. And a mess can always be cleaned up.
Protein bites come in all shapes and sizes. I’m a little picky when it comes to a good pre or post workout snack. Or just a filling snack! And I’ve tried several. I have found that the best ones are homemade. With just a few simple ingredients you can make your own too!
The great thing about making your own is you know exactly what ingredients are going into your snacks. Plus I can feel confident in my kids eating them too. They are growing and good, filling snacks are a must!
You can learn more about my approach to food in my Simply Nourished Course. Click the image below to learn more.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cinnamon Protein Balls
inspired by Shanon from Clean Eat Clean Treat (her original power balls recipe)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped salted almonds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup Jif Natural Peanut Butter Creamy
- 1/2 cup Jif Natural Peanut Butter Crunchy
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Next mix in the other ingredients, a stand mixer would be helpful here.
- Scoop mixture into balls with a cookie scoop.
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate (wait 1 hour if you can!)
- Place in a container and keep refrigerated up to 1 week.
Do you enjoy a spoonful of peanut butter with your littles? It’s something my whole family enjoys!