Not too long ago I shared a video of me, writing in my journal, as part of my morning routine. It has become such a vital part of my morning and I’ve had so many questions about what goes into my journal. I love that you are so interested. What started out as a simple addition to my morning has turned into a big, life changing event, a necessity!
What you need
What do I use to journal? I love nothing more than looking through the notebook section and picking up a journal that makes my heart sing. But you don’t have to buy new fancy things to get started. Just start! Use a piece of scratch paper, use your kids crayons…just start!
Writing is one of those gifts given to us that we take for granted.
Like breathing or walking or talking.
It’s one of the most incredible gifts we don’t even realize we have.
And many of us don’t start because we think we don’t know how.
Recording, doodling, expressing, writing, journaling–whatever you want to call it–has always come second nature to me, even though society would have me believe that I am not a good writer or I’m “not doing it right.” I never listened because my soul knew how badly I needed to have that outlet to express myself.
Don’t worry. I’ve carved the rebellious writer’s path for all of us, and now I want to help you learn how to do the same thing so you can unlock your most incredibly creative and healing writing-life journey.
7 benefits of journaling daily
- Mindfulness – You know I am all about the mindful part of journalling. Mindfulness is so vital but achieving it can be so personal. Documenting it in your journal will change you in ways you can’t even begin to imagine!
- Achieve Goals – Did you know that writing down your goals for your day, month, year, lifetime can help you achieve those goals? Here’s a tip. Write down those goals as if they have already happened. Write them down every single day. And watch those goals blossom into reality!
- Healing – I’ve mentioned my healing has included hypnotherapy, where I speak to my younger self and I release her from the pain she is feeling. It is so amazing. You can do this with your journal too.
- Fulfill Creativity – I am a big believer that we are creators. We were made to create and we do it every day. So don’t tell me you are not creative. Writing is creating. But who says a journal has to be words. Get your crayons and markers out and just start.
- Reduce Stress – I knew journaling would help me reduce stress but I have been amazed by the results. Being able to let all my energy and words flow out of my hand and on to the paper has been such an amazing release of stress.
- Boosts Mood – Ok, no-brainer here, once you become more mindful, achieve goals, heal, reduce stress… all-the-things, of course you are going to feel a boost in your mood!
- Immune Function – I didn’t know this one, but the more a researched journaling the more I found on how it increases your immune function. How cool is that?! Like journaling actually makes you healthier! Wow!
Want to join me in a 7 day journaling challenge?!
Join me in…
Why am I doing this course?
Well, partly because you asked for it! And also because I think the written word holds so much healing power. The art of putting pen to paper has been lost in the noise of social media. And I truly believe bringing back the basic art of journaling can spark something within you!
So what do you say? Will you join me?!
Journaling, reflecting, remembering… It’s all about bringing it all back to you. Centering yourself so that you can then light your world and those around you!
Want to take your reflection to the next level? Meditating can help you calm that inner dialogue and really dig deep into those emotions, thoughts and feelings.
Don’t know where to start? No problem! I’ve got you, of course I do! I’ve recorded guided meditations to help you reflect on different stages of your life.
Have a big job interview coming up? I’ve got you! Feeling nervous or anxious? I’ve got you! Not sure how to start your day… guess what? I got you!
As many of you know my heart and soul are going through a healing process as I reflect the lost of my dear friend Kim. If you purchase these guided meditations be sure to use the code for Kim20 $20 off and all proceeds will go towards the White family.