My team and I planned this theme months ago. We had no idea what would be happening across the nation by the time this content reached you. How amazing is that?
With that said, I want you to know that connecting with your kids is important whether times are “normal” or you find yourself temporarily homeschooling.
What a great time to practice using these tools! We call this a full immersion type schooling!
And for those who are still going into work. I see you. I know your worry and your concern. These tools will help you feel connected even though you are still spending time away from your loved ones.
Tools for connecting with kids...
1. Movement – You know you need it. You know your kids need it. Do this together! You can use my Simply Kids Fitness course for fun workouts that keep kids engaged. It doesn’t have to be a work out. It could be a pillow fight or a walk to the park. This is two fold because you are also giving yourself the gift of time and they will open up to you during this time.
2. Affirmations – We say affirmations before we go to school and before we go to bed. This is a ritual we do together. Honestly they can do this all on their own and probably do throughout the day but they still want me to do it with them. It’s our routine and it’s ours together.
3. Gratitude and forgiveness – Let your kids know specifically why you are grateful for them. At work we love to hear what we’re doing right way more than hearing what we’re doing wrong. This is so true for kids too! And we all know we’re not going to get it right 100% of the time. I am so grateful my kids are forgiving but I try to not take that lightly. I don’t just assume they are ok. I go to them and ask them for forgiveness. And then, when they come to you asking for the same thing
You can learn more about these tools and more in my course Simply Kids….
Sometimes our kids have a hard time expressing their thoughts and emotions. Journaling is a great way to connect with each other. Whether you are journaling to each other or side by side, this practice will help you connect.
- I feel my best when…
- The thing that means the most to me is…
- If I could take the day off school I would…
And to help even more I created this fun writing worksheet. At the end of the day you can sit down with your kids and document all the great ways you are connecting! Sign up below to download immediately!