I get messages all of the time about my meditations space. I am so proud of what started out as a corner of my office but now takes up the whole room. I want you to know that I started small. I started in a closet and this space has grown with me. The two of us, stretching our boundaries, together.
You don’t need sound bowls and incense to meditate, but they sure are fun! Whatever it is you are dreaming of for your meditation space you can manifest.
I will repeat that… WHATEVER you are dreaming of for your meditation space you can manifest!
I believe in manifesting with my whole heart.
Manifesting is simply thinking your dreams into existence. Receiving what you put out into the universe. How you manifest is different for everyone. Some write things down in a journal, some make vision boards, some pray. But you have the power to dream big and I just wanted you to know that.
How to Manifest
- Set your goal. I’m not into resolutions or goal setting really. But I often sit down and contemplate things I want to pursue. What do I want most?
- Take that goal and put it out into the universe. Journaling, vision boards, texting a trusted friend. Allow yourself to imagine what your life would be like.
- Make a plan. I believe our thoughts are powerful, but I also believe the combination of our body, mind, and soul can have life changing results. Meditate on your goal, put physical steps into action, align your soul with this goal. What is one simple step you can take that moves you closer to that goal? What are skills you might need to learn to achieve your goal? I am always researching and studying my passions.
- Meditation. There may come a time when you realize something is keeping you from achieving your dream. Concentrate on gratitude. There’s this thing called law of attraction. Put out good vibes. Steer your thoughts toward your goal.
- Allow the universe to give you more. An opportunity or a direction may arise that seems different than your dreams. Don’t dismiss it yet. Sometimes the perfect opportunity will appear different than what we imagined. Sometimes those opportunities give us more than we can imagine.
When I started this little blog I was sharing my crafts and home decor. I had no idea I would manifest the life I have now, but oh how beautiful it is. Dream big!
How to Manifest the Meditation Space of Your Dreams
Remember, I said started out in a closet? I brought in crystals and meditation pillows. I brought in salt lamps and candles. I made that space what I needed at that time and you can too. Whether you have a corner, a side table…or you have an entire floor of your house. I promise you can make your space what you need it to be.
First think of a few items that would make your space more comfortable, more inviting. Think of things that you would enjoy. Think of things that will help you focus, meditate, and relax. My meditation space is a mixture of things that help me focus and things that bring me joy.
But the most important thing for this space is not things…it’s you.
It’s your mind and your presence and your focus.
Sit in your space, close your eyes…what do you need?
Next write it down. Make a list, write a letter, clip pictures for a vision board…whatever speaks to you.
Where to find things for your meditation space
I started by shopping my home. You don’t have to spend money to make an inspiring meditation space. Look for blankets, pillows, candles, plants, even pictures or paintings.
You will be amazed what comes together by the things you already have in your home. I am very intentional about what I bring into our family space so I already know I will enjoy it. Rearranging and decorating my home brings me so much peace. I am shaping and placing each piece with intention these days.
If there’s still more you are dreaming about make a plan. Maybe you need to save money or make a trade or thrift shop.
You might have seen on Instagram that I have been dreaming of a specific mirror for a long time now and I thought I had found it. But sadly it was no longer at the thrift store when I got there. Does that mean it’s not out there for me? Not at all, the right piece is out there. I am still keeping my eyes and heart open to the possibilities.
I love to window shop and thrift shop for pieces in my meditations space. What this does is allow for my space to be unique and it also allows me to bring in pieces that really speak to me. Each mirror was brought in separately. I’ve slowly gathered and collected. Some were in my home already, some I thrifted, some were even gifted to me.
It will all come together in a way that is so beautiful if you open your mind and soul to the possibilities.
Remember this space will stretch and grow with you. You do not need to bring everything in at once. In fact I would encourage you to bring in each piece one at a time. With intention. Otherwise you might overwhelm your senses.
I repeat… the more important thing in your meditation space is YOU!